You might have already noticed this ...
- Describe your comfort zone—a typical you-fic.
some degree of nudity and/or shirtlesness involved! I write exclusively in the Supernatural fandom and that''s not likely to change
any time soon.
- Is there a trope you’ve yet to try your hand at, but really want to?
saying that one day I'll write a J2 slash fic.
- Is there a trope you wouldn’t touch with a ten foot pole?
- How many fic ideas are you nurturing right now? Care to share one of them?
- Share one of your strengths.
- Share one of your weaknesses.
- Share a snippet from one of your favorite pieces of prose you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
the impression, I was supposed to fight him after you."
"Well, looks like you're off the hook for now," Dean groaned, sinking to his knees as he cradled the rapidly swelling and darkening bruise
across his cheekbone with a shaking hand.
Sam reached out his shackled hands, shooting a defiant glare of molten fury to his cowering escort that suggested a swift and violent
en-mass if they made a single move to stop him, and cupped Dean's drooping head in a gesture of support.
His guards stood by meekly and allowed it.’
This is a scene from my story ‘Blood Brothers’ after a fight scene where Sam has just had to stand and watch Dean fight off a
huge and violent opponent, and afterward offers support in the only way he is able to.
- Share a snippet from one of your favorite dialogue scenes you’ve written and explain why you’re proud of it.
"Verily, dude, thou art a misbegotten pox-ridden moron."
"God's Teeth! How canst thou blameth me, thou beetle-crushing bitch; the decision to burn the friggin' page was thine."
"'Turn', Dean. Fie; I say thee, 'TURN' the page, not burn it; thou cloth-eared pribbling jerk!"
"Oh ... unknottest thou thy manjigglies, Samantha!"
"Bobby, wilt thou help us seek a solution to this most irksome perplexment?"
"Marry, Bobby, hie thee hence whither lies the answer; withal I desire not to sound like a prattling douchebag."
This was a drabble I wrote called Bard Day at Black Rock, and I can’t guarantee that the language is absolutely correct, but it
took ages to compile it and make it sound like the boys being forced to speak in Elizabethan English but desperately trying to be
as normal as they can despite the curse. I’ve always been rather proud of it!
- Which fic has been the hardest to write?
but that’s a good thing to do from time to time!
- Which fic has been the easiest to write?
keyboard. It’s twenty chapters, and I completed it in seven weeks. It remains, to this day, one of my favourite fics.
- Is writing your passion or just a fun hobby?
- Is there an episode above all others that inspires you just a little bit more?
- What’s the best writing advice you’ve ever come across?
So says the wonderful Sir Terry Pratchett
- What’s the worst writing advice you’ve ever come across?
- If you could choose one of your fics to be filmed, which would you choose?
if we need an excuse to see that on the screen …
- If you only could write one pairing for the rest of your life, which pairing would it be?
- Do you write your story from start to finish, or do you write the scenes out of order?
- Do you use any tools, like worksheets or outlines?
resemblance to each other!
- Stephen King says his muse is a man who lives in the basement. Do you have a muse?
- Describe your perfect writing conditions.
- How many times do you usually revise your fic/chapter before posting?
- Choose a passage from one of your earlier fics and edit it into your current writing style. (Person sending the ask is free to make suggestions).
Noticing that Dean was shivering, Sam reached back out of the shower stall for a towel; his long arms came in handy time and time again.
He managed to catch the edge of a large threadbare towel in an indeterminate shade of grey, and wrapped it over his brother's huddled body.
This satisfied the twin purposes of giving his brother a little warmth, and affording him a small amount of dignity.
"Do you ache anywhere else?" asked Sam, still massaging the back of Dean's neck - the motion was clearly having a soporific effect on his
brother, and Sam knew he had to get the elder Winchester into bed. "Legs" slurred Dean, leaning heavier and heavier into Sam's strong
fingers, "chest, shoulders, er, neck, head, jaw, - and - um - feet, hands …", "OK dude, I get the picture," Sam interrupted. "Anywhere that
Dean thought hard, his brow furrowing; "hair?" he answered eventually.
If I were to write it today, it would probably be a little less wordy, and the punctuation would be a little neater:
Noticing that Dean was shivering, Sam’s long arms reached back out of the shower stall for a towel. He caught the edge of a large
threadbare towel in an indeterminate shade of grey, and wrapped it over Dean's huddled body, not only to provide Dean with a little warmth,
but to afford him some dignity too.
"Do you ache anywhere else?" asked Sam, kneading the back of Dean's neck. The motion was having a soporific effect on his brother, and
knowing how desperately Dean needed sleep, Sam was happy to oblige. "Legs," slurred Dean, leaning heavier and heavier into Sam's touch;
"chest, shoulders, er, neck, head, jaw - and - um - feet, hands …"
"OK dude, I get the picture," Sam interrupted; "anywhere that doesn't ache?"
Dean thought hard, his brow furrowing; "hair?" he answered eventually.
- If you were to revise one of your older fics from start to finish, which would it be and why?
element; I think it’s some of the best I’ve ever written. However, there is also a supernatural element which looked great in my
rough draft, but having reread the fic a few times, I’ve come to the conclusion that the supernatural element is just a bit ‘meh’. I
would love to rewrite it to take out the supernatural element and just concentrate entirely on the hurt/comfort.
- Have you ever deleted one of your published fics?
- What do you look for in a beta?
- Do you beta yourself? If so, what kind of beta are you?
- How do you feel about collaborations?
from the story,
- Share three of your favorite fic writers and why you like them so much.
Likewise disneymagics writes some wonderful hurt or vulnerable Dean and Jensen
sasha_dragon’s slashy J2 hurt/comfort is legendary, and I can't get enough of it
- If you could write the sequel (or prequel) to any fic out there not written by yourself, which would you choose?
- Do you accept prompts?
- Do you take liberties with canon or are you very strict about your fic being canon compliant?
- How do you feel about smut?
- How do you feel about crack?
- What are your thoughts on non-con and dub-con?
- Would you ever kill off a canon character?
- Which is your favorite site to post fic?
I wouldn’t necessary say it’s a perfect site, but it was my first fanfiction home and I’ve got nearly 500 stories posted there. I also
post on AO3 and here at LiveJournal
- Talk about your current wips.
- Talk about a review that made your day.
- Do you ever get rude reviews and how do you deal with them?
were anonymous, so I just satisfied myself by ridiculing them mercilessly in a post over here. They probably didn’t see it, but it
made me feel better!
- Write an alternative ending to [insert fic title] (or just the summary of one).
(I thought) was cryptic and open-ended, but in hindsight, I’d probably like to write a stronger ending.