Pipers Piping: Eleven of my favourite things
Lords a-Leaping: Ten things I like about my personality
Ladies Dancing: Nine facts about my body
Maids a-Milking: Eight things I like about my friends
Swans a-Swimming: Seven foods I dislike
Geese a-Laying: Six quirks
Golden Rings: Five shiny things I like
Calling Birds: Four things I dislike about my life
French Hens: Three rivals/enemies
Turtle Doves: Two people I like
Partridge in a Pear Tree: My one love
There is a lot of truth in the saying that you can choose your friends but you can't choose your family!!
1. Very few of my friends are what I would class as 'conventional'. Most of my friends have a touch of the bizarre, naughty or downright odd about them.
2. I've known my longest standing friend (called Jane, like me) almost since birth. She's the nearest thing I have to a sister.
3. As someone else said in this meme; my friends 'get' me!
4. I have a large number of friends in New Zealand. Having friends such a long way away is sad because you miss them terribly, but it makes it all the more precious when you get to meet up with them again.
5. I have a friend who really IS a rocket scientist.
6. I have a friend who has fought a lifelong battle against hydrocephalus. At her current age of 47, she has undergone 13 brain surgeries and about the same number of other surgeries, mainly on her throat and stomach, and yet she keeps smiling and soldiering on without ever bemoaning her lot in life. She's one of the bravest and most inspirational people I know.
7. I have the kind of friends who would drop everything and offer you a bed for the night if you were in trouble. I know this is true because it actually happened when I was stranded in London at midnight on night after a storm had paralysed the railway.
8. My friends are precious to me, and I work hard at nurturing relationships with them.