2. Something new
3. Something you made for someone else
4. Something you made just for yourself
5. Something for a major fandom/pairing/character
6. Something for a minor fandom/pairing/character
7. Something you're just really proud of
So, I've been thinking about something I'm proud of, and after lengthy consideration, and re-reading a load of my fics, I'm going to submit my story, Black Sheep.
I wrote this one for the Supernatural Around the World challenge a couple of years ago, and the brief was to write a Supernatural story set in a country other than the USA. It's a medium length (18,000 words) multi-chapter story.
I set mine in London, the city of my birth, and I'm proud of it for several reasons:
- I found a (I think at least) realistic reason for the boys to be in England
- I've got the boys facing an authentic English monster
- I did a whole lot of research, even travelling up to London (not that I ever need an excuse) and walked the route that I outline in the fic just to make sure it's authentic,
- I set it around a pub called the Bridge House which was an actual pub situated at the foot of Vauxhall Bridge and was, until the sixties, run by my Grandad's family, so I've woven my roots into this story, which has made it very special to me.
- It has two original characters, one of whom may be ever-so-slightly modelled on my Grandad, and who I had enormous fun developing and writing.
Please be sure to take note of the warnings for spoilers and gory violence